8.31.2011

Picky About Paint

Do you ever feel like picking out the right paint color is a game?!? 

I do...
The colors play tricks on you!!!  I swear, they are never the same when you get home...

Like this color we used in the original office... Elephant Gray. 

Looks like baby blue, right?!?!  Or maybe it's just me... now looking at this picture I'm doubting my color sense! 
Well, in the store, under all three light sources they offered it looked absolutely GRAY!
Light gray... Beaut-e-ous...

Anywho, I've had this color sample that I used for a project a while back... It's been at least 2 years... and amazingly, the paint was still usable a couple weeks back when I needed to complete another painting project.  But when I opened it, I remembered how much I loved that color! 

So... now I'm contemplating painting my loft this color....
via
It's Valspar's Artichoke. 

It has to go with the chocolate brown that comes up the stairway, but I think it will add contrast and I'm hoping to do accents like these to make the room really work...

Whites, creams, and maybe some Plums to tie in the brown or Yellows to accent off of it... Hmmm....




Did I ever show you my actual love mood board from Olioboard!?!? 


Now, to attempt to paint this Friday night and Saturday Afternoon?!?  Or... wait on it...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...