11.09.2011

The First Baby Shower

Well, it's been about 2 weeks now since my very first baby shower!  Sorry it's taken me so long to update on this one!  I've been busy and without a computer, remember?! 
Anyways, my mother-in-law and Mr. K's aunt threw it for me.  It was so sweet of them to want to do something for me and Baby Kakes.



We played some games...
One was a word scramble and it was funny to see everyone unable to figure out some of the words.  It was also funny to see my mom and her friend go into a battle mode of some sort to try to win!  LOL. 
Another was a "guess what's in the bag" game.  It was interested what people thought was in the bags.  I didn't win.  I think my mom's friend won, but I got the one that was supposed to be baby poo!  haha.  Go figure... too much babysitting in my babysitting days apparently.

Then we opened some presents...
Then we took some pictures...
Here's me and Darla - That's Mr. K's mom. 
Man, I look awful in this picture...


Here's me and my mom. 
I look better in this one, but now Mom's cheezin' it up!


Here's me and my Grandma.  She can be Grandma Pat. 
Love my Gma! 


Another one of us laughing... at what I'm not sure.


Then we opened some more presents...
 
I think this first one was Peek-A-Boo Bear from Grandma. 


Man these pictures make me look so bad...
Guess it better be time to start a game plan for after baby body!


Laughing at a card?!

This was my favorite present I think.  I forget where it's from, but it's too cute!  It's like the baby version of the plastic rings that go on the stick... Do you know what I'm talking about?  I am obviously not in full mommy mode yet because I do not know the actual name.

All in all it was a great shower!  It was unfortunate that people cancelled at the last minute, but I appreciated the shower no matter what!  We ended up with some great items!
  • Lots of Clothes - even a little Juicy Couture Outfit
  • A stroller
  • A car seat
  • An extra car seat base
  • A cute picture frame "It's a Girl"
  • Some toys
  • A couple of blankets
  • Lots of goodies from the new Avon line for babies - love it!
  • A cart and highchair cover
  • A bouncer
  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Butt Paste
Thanks to Darla and Sally for a wonderful first baby shower!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...