11.23.2011

Thanksgiving Menu 2012

*WARNING*
This post may make you hungry.  I got really hungry while writing it. 

This is my version of an EASY Thanksgiving Day Menu. 
By "easy" I mean a reasonable mix of cheating and homemade cooking. 
This blog is called Little Miss Martha after all, so it can't be all cheating, but being 30 weeks pregnant will make you cheat! 

We are having 7 people in total at our house for the meal and I didn't want to spend a lot.  Mr. K's parents, my grandparents, and my uncle will all be here for the big day.  I'm making most of the items, but then my grandma and Mr. K's mom will bring 2 things each.  That will help.

So... here we go. 
You may remember last year... I cooked at my mom's house and I pre-made a bunch of items.

I wish it were a bit more extravagant, but oh well!  Maybe next year. 
Appetizers:
Devilled Eggs -
A first time attempt by me.  We shall see how this goes. 

via
Cheese Platter -
A mix of blue, cheddar, jalapeno, crackers, and tapenade will make for an easy spread.

via
Fresh Veggies and Dip -
A la Grandma!  I don't think hers will look like this one... it'll be store bought, but I thought this was cute.

via

Main Course:
Turkey -
I'll be making it my way... well, Martha's way.  With a cheesecloth and a white wine & butter mix to brush over the cloth.  It does turn out just about as gorgeous as this one!

Add caption
Caramelized Sweet Potatoes -
I'm going to either do caramelized like these or just roasted.  Not sure, but I like Sweet Potatoes so they'll be on the table in some form!

via
Green Bean Casserole -
A la Darla.  This is Mr. K's favorite dish so of course he enlisted his mother to make it.  That's fine with me though...

via
Corn -
A la Darla... I think it's a corn casserole of some sort, but I don't know.  All I know is that it's good! 

via
Garlic Mashed Potatoes -
I'll be doing a little mashing in the kitchen on Thursday.  Mr. K doesn't understand why I can't buy instant and I say because it's not that hard to make the potatoes and they are better!  :)

via
Caramelized Onions and Cornbread Stuffing -
A recipe I found on Food Network that is just cornbread muffins and onions.  I think this will be good, but just in case, we did buy Stove Top as a backup plan! 

via

Desserts:
Pecan Bars -
Totally cheating.  Was going to buy pre-made tart shells and fill them with a pecan mixture that I saw at Wal-Mart, but then it wasn't there when we went shopping so the plan changed a bit.  I opted for pecan bars (from a box).  The brand is always good so we shall see.

via
Pumpkin Pie -
My favorite thing to do is bake and what did I do?!?  I bought frozen!  Don't tell anyone... but they were on sale, and by the time you buy everything for the pie it's so expensive!  I'm thinking cost cutting and baby savings!  Don't Judge me.  I know that Martha is.

via
Apple Crisp and Vanilla Ice Cream -
This one I'll do on my own.  I've never done it before and also still have to find a recipe, but I thought this was a nice alternative to the apple pie - which I can still go out and buy if I change my mind!  ;)

via

And there you have it... A Kellermeyer Thanksgiving 2012.  Don't worry, there will be an updated version of this with pictures of all food and table settings (crap - need to go grab a few things to make this happen!) and all else that goes on. 

Unfortunately there will be no Black Friday pictures this year unless they are of me sitting at the computer at work as I have to work this Friday.  Boo, I know, but Mr. K wasn't going to be able to go home with me so that's why we stayed down here AND I am saving my leave for Baby Kakes. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...