12.27.2011

Mood Board Monday { Chocolate Plum Bonus Room }

Hope you all had a great Holiday!  We did! 
We got to spend time with friends and family and we also got a ton of stuff that we've been asking for AND stuff for Baby K.  I'll hopefully give more of a recap later in the week.

Back to reality and working out the kinks at my house for when my little bundle decides to make her debut.  Today was the day that I dreamed I told someone was her birthday so we'll see what happens... so far, I'm feeling just fine other than the aches and pains and NO sleep, but that comes with the territory. 

Last week I decided that I needed to work on a mood board.  It had been too long since I'd done it.  So I hopped onto Olioboard and this is what I came up with...

Color Scheme: Creams, Chocolates, and Plums with teal accents
Room:  Bonus or Loft


So I actually was thinking this might be a good scheme for my loft which is FOR REAL getting painted this weekend!  Like for real!  I know I've been saying that for about 3 years now, but I'm FOR REAL this time!  Do you get the idea that I'm FOR REAL?!? 

Mr. K has graciously given me this weekend to help paint the loft.  It's the last place in our house (besides closets) that needs to be painted.  While I'm at it, I might add to the list, the baby's closet and final touches to our guest bathroom.  There are some places I'd like to repaint, but they are fine for now. 

Anyways, we have ZERO furniture in the loft that would be kept.  The "Leaning Tower of Pisa" Bookcases are probably going to get the boot this weekend and possibly our 32 inch BOX of a TV.  Every time I look at it, I think about the kids in Grown Ups asking Adam Sandler what that big box is attached to the back of the TV.  Maybe I should keep it so Baby K won't be so used to new TVs...Hmmm...

The sofa up there will be replaced, the chair, the TV stand, the bookcases... 
Then we need a storage armoire that I've been looking everywhere for and bench seat for under the window which I'm thinking will turn into toy storage...
We'll get a sectional at some point...
A new TV...
Wow, 2012 better be prosperous!  HAHAHA

Back to the Mood Board -
I like this calming scheme... and I think it could actually work in any room. 

It does kind of follow the scheme in my nursery, but it's a more grown up feel and the colors, although the same are much more mature.  I love the mix of patterns, colors, and prints.  I especially love those bird prints behind the sectional and the pops of color to match. 

The bookshelves are around $650 each, but I'm sure you could get the same effect with Billy Bookcases from IKEA which is what I plan on doing (unless I can find some around here for around the same price... I'm hoping Tar-Jay will pull through for me).

The teal cottage table is from Home Decorators and is around $100.

The sectional is actually from West Elm and is around $2000.  Great... But I'm sure you can find something comparable for less.

The armchair is from Home Decorators and is around $450.  I've seen similar at World Market though...

The buffet used as a TV stand is around $2300 from Layla Grace, but I would probably take on a vintage piece for this project.  I do love Layla Grace though...

Those prints I'm in love with are from Oka and are around $350.  These could probably be seeked out at an Antique or Vintage Shop for much less and would give the same look.

The coffee table is from Crate and Barrel and is $700.  You could probably whitewash a craigslist table or a similar shaped table from anywhere and the cost would be much less.  Janell over at Isabella and Max Rooms did something similar. 

The floor lamp is $400 from Home Decorators as well.  I'm sure that Target or TJ Maxx Home Goods would offer similar options for much less. 

The mirror is from West Elm and is a major favorite of mine!  It's listed at $199, but I'm not sure if it's still available... Woamp Woamp.

All the fabric prints are from fabric.com, one of my new favorite places to shop! 

So, there you have it...
A grown up room with a little sass. 

I must figure out what I'm doing in the loft by Friday!!!  AHHH!!!  Wish me luck!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...