1.28.2015

Animal Obessions at Home Goods

I may or may not have a slight obsession with animals.  While they are not currently all over my walls they could be.  I would totally be ok with it.  Antlers, Animals, Taxidermy... well maybe not real taxidermy... although if I ever have a lake house I feel like there might be some fun vintage taxidermy allowed in there. 
But yesterday I was just hanging out with a girlfriend shopping on our lunch break and it took all that I had to not walk out of Home Goods with more animals for my walls!  I've been looking for white and they had them!  Damn.  I mean Darn.  I mean I love you Home Goods. 



I don't know why I'm drawn to the southwestern styles like this but I am.  I love the rugs, the prints, the sculls.  They are just something I would love to be able to use.  I don't think they currently fit my style, especially this big, but if it had been a little smaller this one would have gone straight to my bedroom.  I basically have a spot waiting for it in a mini size.

And this guy {I LOVE YOU} would have come home with me too but I had to talk myself out of it.  I LLLLUUUUUUUURRRRRVVVVVEEEE him!  I love his horns mostly and his whiteness was key.  The size was perfection.  However, I didn't think I could live with the hook at the bottom since I wouldn't be using it as hook.  So again, I was talking myself out of it although he should be at home on my wall this very instant.

And I don't know why but I'm a lover of moose.  I think it's their presence.  Definitely not their wit as I've heard they have none.  Apparently they will just run into cars instead of away from them if you are in their vicinity.  However, they are beautiful.  Those antlers (if that's what you call them) are just majestic and powerful.  And again, he should have come home with me for all the right reason but he was a bit too big and I where he would have gone I think he might have just been too overpowering.
So the search to fill my home with animals continues.

And while I was there I also saw these two beauties.  This marble-esque vase was so cute.  I loved the texture, color, and size.  It would look awesome on some bright colored bookcase or a dresser.  The sofa was just a strange love.  I think I was born during the wrong era.  I tend to like older vintage looks.  This low profile modern sofa just caught my eye. 


So that's my #homegoodshappy story for the day!  Until next time Home Goods... which might be tonight.  #obsessed.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eeek! I am animal obsessed TOO. I have a White Faux Taxidermy white deer and LOVE it so much. My fiancé is a big deer hunter (for real) and he thinks it is hilarious how I like "pretty and fake" taxidermy. They're just so cute! x


The Things She Sees

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...