1.19.2016

Messes

We had a friend coming to stay the night last week so I had to get my ass into gear to clean up the house.  I'd like to clarify a few things...
The friend was my husbands best friend (now my friend to, but add emphasis to HUSBANDS BEST FRIEND)
The house was a disaster as it always is right after the holidays.  Like T O R N A D O disaster. 
My child doesn't clean up no matter how hard I try.
The friend was my husbands...
So obviously I had to get MY ass in gear to clean up.
You couldn't see the floor in the room he was to stay. 
Yes I said it... Don't you think less of me...
My feet hurt for days... because I don't think I sat down for 12 hours straight. 

And I find that when you try to clean up messes, you inevitably make more.  At least that's my experience.  My living room gets clean but stairs get messy.  My kitchen gets clean but my pantry explodes with things I didn't even know we had.  My daughters room get cleaned up but the loft/playland gets ridiculous. 

So... how do you combat this?  I feel like my life is in a constant state of chaos. 
I tried after the new year to get rid of things... and I have... but I think I need to get rid of more.
3 bags full
to goodwill...
And my closets and garage are still imploding with shit.  It's just that (for the most part). 
I'm ashamed.  No you can't see.  Unless you live by me and if you do you'll see the chaos in the garage. 
I clean it up 3x a year and then remember that guy that had a friend over last week, yea, my husband... he messes it up and then blames me. 


I should have titled this Husbands instead of messes... but then again, what's the difference?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...